And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On the Horizon.......


Lots on the horizon for this family.....

We recently were blessed in finding out that my hub has been offered a position at a university in the mid-west, a true answer to prayer, especially in the midst of this difficult economic time.......
This means our life is about to start a new chapter.....

So many emotions have been moving through me....excitement, nervousness, saddness, joy, overall a little overwhelmed.......
Overwhelmed at the thought that we are moving...starting all over again. Leaving our friends that we have grown to know and love, moving to a place not knowing a soul....

Realizing  that we are not moving back to where we started...still being miles away from family....closer though which I am deeply thankful for.....
My heart truly is excited for this wonderful opportunity, and I am so proud of my wonderful hard working husband.....

It's the saying good-bye and starting all over again that has me a bit sad and nervous as well....

But I have to say..through all of these emotions and changes that are going to take place, I know one thing that will never change....
And that is the love from my God, my Redeemer, my Savior.....

This is a journey, and I feel unbelievably blessed, and I will cling to His goodness through all of my emotions.....because they will change from day to day.....moment to moment....
But my God is a faithful God and I trust in Him....thankful for His Spirit that I am able to trust....

Praying, praying, praying for wisdom and guidance through this transition....
And I can't help but feel excited to see what God has in store for us....a new town, a new job, a new church, new friends.....

A change is on the horizon.....and although not a fan of change myself,  I am looking forward to continuing on this journey with my husband and children.

5 comments:

  1. Just found your blog from your comment on 4littlemenandgirlytwins today. I have 6-yo identical twins w/ mild autism. You have a beautiful family and so many beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much...being a mama is such a blessing!My Nate is high functioning as well...recently diagnosed. It is nice to meet another mama traveling a similar road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came over here from MckMama's site and so glad I did. You are so blessed with your four small ones and congratulations on your new adventure! I am an elementary school teacher as well as mom of 4 too! I wanted to recommend a site that helps all students learn how to print and write regardless of special needs. It's called Handwriting without tears. the site link is here
    http://www.hwtears.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jennifer...I really appreciate your recommendation. I will definitely look into the site. Nate loves to write....but the develop. ped. recommended OT for his fine motor skills. I love mama connections....I'm always learning something new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok ... you made me cry! darn you! i'm so happy for you all! well not for the part that you aren't moving home ;) but none the less I'm happy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...