And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Always Time for a Book.......


As a mama, I have goals that I hope to achieve with my children. And no, I am not going to list them all (that will have to be another post {grin}). Anywho, one goal I hope to achieve is to instill a love of reading in my lovies. I so enjoy watching them go to the book shelf, searching through our library for their selection, then plopping on the couch with their chosen favorite for the moment. Pages rustling through little fingers is such a sweet sound to this mama's ears. The only thing better than that is having my four lovies around me as we snuggle up on the couch for a good story. Even after they learn to read Jared and I will continue to read to them as they grow. Noah seems to share in the love of reading to others. He is always willing to read to anyone who will listen, and right now that eager listener is his little sis.  Nate is at the beginning stages of reading which is so exciting. He is so proud of himself after he finishes a short story.....and I have to say that I am pretty proud of him too. The book in the picture is one of the ones I read to the kids during our morning story time. The kids found it quite humorous and Nate decided he wanted to revisit it on his own.....that's how it all begins.

2 comments:

  1. You know, there's a quote that goes something like "children become readers in the laps of their parents" . You must have held your lovies in you lap a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...