And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Peace....

A few days ago as the three older lovies played out on the front porch with their cars...peacefully I might add, (I savor those moments!), Luke was enjoying his bananas. I stood at the sink washing the breakfast dishes. 

I turned around and saw my baby happily sitting there....saturated in the sunlight dripping through the window. It was beautiful...he looked so beautiful in the light...he was glowing. 


I was drawn to this light, couldn't take my eyes off of how it covered my baby...I dried my hands and  sat there beside Luke for a moment and just enjoyed the peace and warmth that was pouring through the glass.  It was one of those moments.


Of course I had to retrieve my beloved camera off of the nearby shelf, which is the convenient home for my memory catcher.


 Luke hammed it up for the lens staring at him....a bit of a distraction from his bananas. I tried to capture the peace that I was feeling at that moment. 


That's kind of the way I take photos...and why I enjoy them so much at a later time.  I remember what I was feeling when I took the picture. I know that may sound odd...but it's true. 



I have countless photos that are so much more than just a visual image to me...yes they bring back memories...but I can sometimes actually experience the exact same feeling that I had the moment I captured it.


We only have a few days remaining here in the old farm house with the New England address. We are going to be saying good-bye very very soon.  The house is in shambles...boxes everywhere...papers and books piled.... toys scattered. I am not fond of clutter...not at all...so it has been difficult for me to find the peace in among the messiness and all of the emotions that parallel a change of this magnitude.


I have been praying and spending much needed time in God's Word....a refuge for finding peace and comfort. I actually have butterflies in my stomach on and off when I think of moving to the Midwest. 


This is going to be a huge change for our family on so many different levels.  I find major comfort in pondering the truth found in the Word. I will share a few of the verses that I will be clinging to throughout this transition. Yes.. I am genuinely excited and looking forward to this new chapter....however, change is change....and it's getting me out of my comfort zone...a place that I shouldn't ever spend too much time in. In my experience, not a whole lot of spiritual growth occurs when I am too comfortable for too long. 


By God's loving grace I am going to embrace this change...butterflies and all. And when I do feel the stress monster rear it's ugly head I will recall the Scripture that God has written on my heart....and just maybe I will reach for these photos of Luke in the peaceful light and remember how I felt at that moment. 

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. "  John 14:27

"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." Colossians 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...