And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Inspiration from a 7yr. old.....

I am a firm believer that inspiration is all around us....when I take the time to open my eyes, I am nothing less than amazed at the sights God places before me.

My oldest son Noah has this special way about him.....it is hard to describe, but I will try. This guy is a "thinker" (related to his father of course) And he says what is on his mind....whatever he is pondering he shares it with me.....and I love that about him.

He is a conversationalist in our home.....there is never a lack of words throughout the days and evenings. One facet of his thought sharing is when he is reading a book. I love it when he is interested and excited about what he is reading.



He could be wrapped up in a good story and say "Hey Mom, listen to this." Then he'll read a part to me from his book. Or he often starts a sentence with, "Did you know?...." Usually this occurs when he is reading a National Geographic Explorers book.....and usually I do not know before hand what he shares with me. I am always gaining insight on different subjects from Noah.


 A couple of weeks ago, I took these photos of him reading. I always try to be discreet and not too annoying with my camera. And as I was looking at him through my lens I became inspired. Here he was....completely engrossed in his book. I could see his enjoyment...I had to smile when he actually laughed out loud at a humorous part.

After he was done reading I told him that I needed to talk to him. As he approached me, I took his hand, and I said to him..."Noah, I just want you to know that you really inspire me." He gave me a sweet smile and asked..."What exactly does inspire mean?"


I told him that for me, I get inspired by people who are not only enjoying what they are doing, but that they are good at it and like to share it with others....and what ever it is that they are doing...it inspires me to want to do something similar. 

I had went on to explain that I had really missed reading,...just to sit down and enjoy a good book (and he knows how much his Mama loves to read.) And that I have been so busy spending every spare moment on the internet looking at houses, (thankfully that is all over now and we should be able to close on the house in Indiana in August.)

I told him that when I was watching him enjoy reading, it made me want to get away from the computer, pick up a good book and just read. I thanked him for his inspiration....and again he gave me a sweet smile. 


There  really are the simple things in life that make such a difference in my daily outlook.....I love it when God uses my children to open my eyes and then helping me to remember that what we do...no matter how small or simple it may be....could speak volumes in someone else's  life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...