And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Trying to "Soak Up" This Time.....

We went to the pond this afternoon....our first trip of the summer.  Only a few minutes from our home.....back a long dirt road....a hidden gem. We were the only ones there for most of our  time....well us and the black flies. There are so many things that we are going to miss about New England....and black flies is not one of them. They are only around for about a month....and that's one month too long if you ask me!

As I was watching Jared and my lovies splash around and have fun....I couldn't help but wonder how many more times we would enjoy this pond. It really is such a peaceful spot...and so beautiful. 

We have had our lives pretty slow paced this past couple of years or so....not a whole lot on our plate. We've spent hours upon hours together as a family....moments I cherish. The knot in my stomach is present because although we really are looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.....so much is going to change. It's such a weird emotion...excitement for a fresh start somewhere new...and real sadness in saying good bye to so many we love. 

I am quite certain that there are going to be some hectic moments on the horizon...something that always seems to come along with a move....especially a big one like ours.  I am already starting to feel the crunch.....sigh. My "To Do" list is growing by the day. I was a woman who once purposefully had little on my calendar....and slowly but surely it is going to be filling up....I need to be conscious that I do not get stressed out. 

I know that I must make it a point to enter into God's Word each day with a purpose....I don't want my time with Him to be trumped by all of the other stuff that needs to get done. Jared recited a verse to me the other day that I have been holding on to.....

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God: and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6










 Just looking at these photos of my lovies puts me at peace...thank you LORD.  They truly do enjoy life. It really is amazing how God uses my lovies to make me stop and think, I am always learning something from them.....I hope to never get too busy with life to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...