And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lauren Loves to Paint.....


Painting is a regular activity in our home. It won't be long before Luke joins his brothers and sister at the table for some colorful fun. Yes it can be messy....but sometimes fun is messy and that's ok. 

When they paint, I just let them do their thing...no staying in the lines, no boundaries to what colors go where...just freedom to enjoy what they're doing.


Lauren especially has really been enjoying creating her own pieces of art. 


It really is a joy to watch her "create". She tells me which colors she would like, (usually all of them.....pink is always first.)


On this day, the two older boys were outside playing, Luke was napping, so it was just me and my girl. "So what do you want to do?" I asked her. "I want to paint...pwease Mommy." Well I couldn't say no to that voice and that face.....so I got the paints out. 


I like to sit and admire....I love watching her little fingers dip into the paint then glide across the paper. She says "Wook Mommy.....pretty." 


I have to admit that I am a total art hoarder. I have such a hard time pitching my lovies' art work. There is so much of it. They each have a folder with their name and age on it, and I just keep filling up the folders.....but with 4 lovies....that's alot of stuff.

So lately I have been parting with some of it and only keeping certain ones. When we move to our new house I can't wait to put their favorite art work into frames and onto our walls!


This is just one of the special little moments in my daily life as a mama....may not seem like a big deal to most people, but I really do cherish these times. 

God has truly blessed me with my lovies and I never want to take His beautiful blessings lightly. My heart is thankful for each little kiss, for every warm hug, for every time I hear the word mommy.....and everything in between. 

2 comments:

  1. This is what you need for your new house.
    http://www.dynamicframes.com/
    Display and storage! Perfect! Of course, you will probably need several dozen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link sister! I just checked it out and Wow!...what a great idea. I will definitely be sharing this with Jared...too bad mother's day and my birthday have already come and gone...what great gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...