And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, May 30, 2011

Back to Blogging.....


Well...we made it back to New Hampshire early this morning. Traveling through the night definitely has it's advantages....our lovies sleep most of the way. When we travel by day it takes a good 12 hrs...when we travel through the night we can make it in 10 1/2 hrs., as we only make quick stops for gas. However....driving through the night can make for a rough day for Jared and I.  Catching up on missed sleep is the tricky part (we usually just take turns  napping)... I am smiling because I just realized that I have been trying to catch up on missed sleep since I first became a mama.

So some of you may be curious as to what came about with our house situation. In my last post I said that we found a beautiful home for our family....and it really was beautiful. 
However, after a few days of the negotiation game Jared and I walked away.....yes...tis true. After the sellers third counter offer along with knowledge about an Interstate planned to be built a mere 2000 ft. from the neighborhood, we decided that this is not the house for our family.

We were very disappointed and discouraged initially, but after a few days Jared and I really are at peace with this decision. We are now very thankful that we did not enter into a possible unfortunate circumstance....I won't get into the details....but I will say that God completely answered our prayers for wisdom and discernment.  

We are so thankful for the brothers and sisters in Christ in Indiana who have been praying for us as well as taking the time to scope out the homes that we have been interested in....their advice has been invaluable. (Jared has already met with the pastors of the church we will be attending, and we have been in contact with some of the members of the congregation via email.....God is so good!)

So....now what? After wiping away my tears of disappointment, I feel confident that things will work out exactly how God wills...and that is so comforting....even if things may not be as   smooth and convenient as we would have liked. 

Jared is planning another trip out to Indiana...solo...to look at another round of houses. And hopefully he'll find the one. And yes...in case you are wondering, I trust my hub that much. If there aren't any houses that suit our family, our Plan B is to rent for a short time.....not ideal, but it's our default.

Ok..now onto these photos! Noah comes running into the house this afternoon and says, "Mom....get your camera, you are not going to believe this!"  That always makes me nervous when he says that....but I was pleasantly surprised to see something marvelous. In the kids' play-gym was a nest cradling three delicate blue robin eggs. 


As an interesting side note....before we left for PA we were doing a unit study on birds of all things. I love it when God works out little details like this.  Noah actually has a great drawing of a robin he was working on during our study. 


We went over the rules with the kids to help keep the eggs safe and the mama bird happy. We will be checking in on these baby blues and hope to see some babies soon!


Oh and in case you were wondering, we had an awesome visit to PA and I have a ton of pictures to share with you. I will be posting daily for the next week. I have totally missed blogging, (I always slack when I am visiting family...guess because they have the real deal with them...who needs pictures of my lovies when you can kiss and hug them?)

Ok...I think I am done for now. Peace and blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...