And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Love You Mom......


In honor of my beautiful Mother....

Dear Mom,

                    Yes Mom, I am writing this on my blog for all to see. And please do not kill me for posting a picture of you...I tried to be discreet, and I think this is one of the sweetest photos I have of you. 

                  I miss you everyday. I know that I call you all of the time....it's because I just like to hear your voice on the phone. I think about you all of the time....certain things remind me of you throughout the day.  

When I sit down to color with Lauren, I think of you, (I remember when you would color with me when I was little, now you do it with my kids.) 

 When my lovies are outside in their bare feet, I think of you, (because I know you would tell me that they are going to get sick.)

When I make homemade strawberry jam, I think of you, (because you have made this for as long as I can remember....thank you for teaching me...it is now a staple in our home.)

When I hum to my lovies, I think of you, (because you always hum when you are holding a little one close....I always love it when you do that.)

When I smell fresh cut grass, I think of you, (because you are a mowing maniac.)

When I give my kids ice cream in the evening, I think of you, (because we always had ice cream growing up....and I still love it.)

When I worry about one of my lovies, I think of you, (because I know that even though I am all grown up and a mom myself....you still worry about me.)

When Jared can't find something and he blames me for moving it, I think of you, (because everybody blames you for moving their stuff....and you usually do. Jared has even called me "Joanne" when I have done this...I just smile proudly.)

When I hear my lovies outside laughing and playing, I think of you, (because I had the most wonderful childhood. You let me be a kid and I am so thankful that all of the memories of my childhood are good ones.....I do not take that for granted.)

When I am putting up Christmas decorations, I think of you, (because you put so much of yourself into decorating your home for the holidays.....and all of your grandkids love Grandma's lights. One of my favorite childhood memories is decorating our Christmas tree every year.....you let us put on all the homemade ones that we made at school and Sunday school...like the toothpick frames with our photo in the middle.)

When my lovies use their afghans you made them, I think of you, (because these are such special treasures. You crocheted them with your own hands. As well as the quilts you made for my lovies.....these are so special.)

This list could go on. 

Mom, you truly mean so much to so many. All of your kids and grandkids would be lost without you. The love that you show to us all, through all of the many things you do, big and small, do not go unnoticed.  I so enjoy being around you....and I miss you. But I am very thankful for the times that we get to be together. 

You are a wonderful mother and grandma. God has blessed us all richly with your life. Thank you for loving us as much as you do. It is a privilege to be your daughter. You deeply inspire me to be a good mama to my lovies....thank you for setting an example for me to follow.  


Happy Mother's Day...I love you.


Love,
         Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tribute. There are tears in my eyes right now. I too have been blessed with a wonderful mom and a wonderful childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...