And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Pickin' and a Hayride.....

I love family traditions. A favorite of mine this time of year is the day we do our pumpkin picking.  Being new to the area, I searched on line and found a family farm close by who welcomed pumpkin pickers such as ourselves, and offered some other fun stuff for our family to enjoy. 

Our lovies had a blast....it doesn't take much....they are always up for a good time. A pumpkin patch, a little train ride, some farm animals, and a hay ride to top it off. Jared and I kept sharing warm glances as we watched our lovies having a great time....the kind of glances that speak volumes.....reading what the other was thinking.....knowing that both of us were holding these moments precious....this afternoon and this farm with our lovies.  We are both very thankful for our children and for this precious time together as a family.  

Life can be crazy at times....I'll be the first to admit that.  As the cool fall air fills our lungs we are all being refreshed as a family.  This day was much needed and was of course in God's perfect timing. It's amazing how one afternoon can help to bring life back into proper perspective after going through a time of feeling overwhelmed.  Nothing major, just the business of our days which include homeschooling, practicing instruments, laundry, keeping the house clean, making meals, serving my wonderful husband....all of these things I absolutely love to do, (well maybe not laundry {smile}). In these times when God has me strong in His Word and when He blesses our family with togetherness like we had on this day....I am thankful.




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...