And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Little Mama.....

Lauren spends a good bit of her time playing with her baby dolls everyday.  And I just think that it is one of the sweetest things.  Lauren was out on our back deck this afternoon and I was quietly watching her through our glass doors...my heart was warmed as I saw my little girl being a mama to her babies. I smiled as I watched her swaddle her babies, feed them, hold them close as she swayed back and forth...I could see her lips  gently saying, "Shh shh."  I couldn't resist and had to grab my camera to capture this moment.

I am really enjoying this season of childhood that she is in. All of the different stages have their joys and challenges of course, but right now her imagination is flourishing and it is such a delight to see her be so loving to her babies.  

Oh...and in case you were wondering, I picked up that wicker baby bassinet at a yard sale for her when Lauren was only a few months old (one of those awesome finds, I think I paid $1 for it!)....I knew someday she would put a baby doll in there. I saved it and gave it to her on her first birthday.....and now this is where she puts her babies to sleep....everyday














I just had to include this photo of Luke on this post. I was going to take a picture of him picking up the baby, but first he puckered up for a smooch....it was so cute.

1 comment:

  1. Your little Lauren looks so grown up with her {long} hair in ponytail!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...