And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Noah.....


Our oldest son Noah was born 9 years ago today....and to this day he is still making us smile. God has blessed our family beyond measure with his life, and I dedicate this post to my growing boy. 


.....you were so excited when you woke up this morning

.....you wanted your brother Nate to pick out your birthday gifts

.....you have a buzz cut that you are letting grow in for the winter


.....you recently started your own blog

.....you lost your hamster today
(we can't find him anywhere!)

.....you had a family from church over today to celebrate your birthday with us


.....you have been taking guitar lessons for about a year

.....you love to play the blues with Daddy
(and I love listening to you)

.....you still call your little brother Luke "Captain Cute"


.....you like anything camo

.....you love to watch movies
(especially anything with superheros)

.....you are a member of the "Dangerous Boys Club"....and love it!


.....you love it when I make homemade granola and pumpkin muffins

.....you still get migraines, but they aren't as bad as they used to be

.....you and Nate are really close, and spend alot of time building legos together
(you've always had a special bond with him)


.....you love going to work with Daddy

.....you love stopping for donuts on your way to work with Daddy

.....you never let your brothers or sister win when you guys race each other in the yard

.....you like to write stories
(and I love reading them)


.....you wanted an oreo cookie cake for your birthday
(I tried)

.....you still give me a hug and kiss every single morning when you wake up

.....you tell me that you love being homeschooled

.....you enjoy playing soccer with your buddies 


.....you were so proud of your little sister when you watched her at her dance class

.....you are officially too big to sit on my lap
(partly due to the fact that I do not have much of a lap right now)

.....you rode a motorcycle for the first time this past summer and loved it!


.....you are really into wrestling with your Dad and brothers

.....your most recent book you read was Mr. Poppers Penguins

.....you love icecream


.....you like to send emails to your Dad and Grandma

.....you have an amazing memory
 (and always rub it in that you are better at memorizing Bible verses than me)

.....you are so excited to meet your baby brother Adam in a few weeks


.....you always ask Luke if you can eat him
(and he always says "No")

.....you try to stay up late every night

.....you still like to climb trees

I still vividly remember the day you were born...when they laid you on my chest and I cried. There is no other feeling comparable to the moment you first realize that you are someone's mother....that this tiny little life was graciously given to you by the God of the Universe.  Those first few days I remember holding you, just looking at you in awe, never wanting to put you down. And now I am amazed that it has been nine years since God made me your mama and you my son. You truly do bring so much joy and laughter to our family. You still pull out your infamous one-liners....always making me smile.  Your younger brothers and sister look up to and you do a great job being their big brother. Daddy and I pray for you everyday that you will grow up to be a godly man, putting your faith and trust in Jesus Christ. As the years move along, God is reminding me that time truly is precious, and that we should use the time that we are given wisely. I am so thankful to have you for a son....you're growing up so fast, and I treasure these moments with you.

Happy Birthday Noah

I Love You,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...