And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Love.....

The moment the doctor placed our son Adam on my chest, a surge of emotions erupted that are impossible to put into words.....I will say though, that I fell in love.....again.

Adam Jared was born on Monday October 15, 2012 at 10:08 am, weighing 8 lbs. 6 oz.,
 20 inches long. He was wide eyed and bright with a strong grip on my finger.  He looked like Luke to me at first.....but as the days have passed, his looks are changing constantly. He's a little hybrid of each of our lovies. 






There are so many wonderful moments right after childbirth....my favorite of course is when I come face to face with my baby for the first time.....feeling his warm body next to mine for the first time. 

Next of course is when I see my husband....the man I have been with since we were just 
16 yrs. old.....hold his son for the very first time. Again, another moment hard to put into words.

I love Jared so very much, and love being a wife to this man, as well as  being a mother to all of his babies. This calling of being a wife and mother has been an immeasurable blessing and I do thank God everyday for His abundant grace and mercies.....I love being at home. 

Thank you sweetheart for your strength each day.....especially the pillar you are to me when bringing our babies into this world. God knows our needs and is faithful in providing for us. I am so thankful for you, and our children are extremely blessed to have you for their Daddy. Thank you for your protection and for loving us more than anyone in this world ever could.



My mother was unable to be at the birth of baby Adam....my water broke at 1 am, and there was no way for her to be here on time. That was a difficult moment for me....realizing my mom wouldn't be here to hold my hand, like she had for all of the other lovies.

God's blessings were overflowing....Upon dropping her two oldest daughters off in the middle of the night to help take care of our lovies while we would be at the hospital, our dear sister in Christ, Amanda, offered to come to the hospital with us....God knew what we needed. She wasn't my mother, but she loved on us and supported us through the labor in an amazing way, and I am so thankful to have had her there with us.  Thank you Amanda for reading Scripture to us while we were waiting for Adam, for rubbing my back and for praying with us....and for being a part of the miracle of the birth of one of our children.

My mom made it here safely and has been taking such good care of us. She was sad to have missed the birth, but it is always so hard for her to see one of her daughters in pain. My mom is such a blessing to our family in so many ways. Our lovies adore her, and have been counting down the days for baby Adam's arrival....partly because they were excited for their baby brother, and also because they knew that Grandma was coming. We are all so grateful that she is here to experience these first couple of weeks of life....these times are precious and there is no one else we would want to share this time with. Thank you mom for loving us in that special way that only you know how to. We love having you here.
(I would love to have a photo of my mom on here holding the baby, but she is anti-having her photo on my blog!)


Our very first family photo with all "5" of our lovies.


It is now sinking in that we have "5" children....thank you God!  It was a precious moment when each of our lovies got to see their baby brother for the very first time. Jared took lots of video to capture this time.


Here are some photos of baby Adam his first couple of days of life.  He is a cute little stinker if I may say so myself.




This is what Adam looks like when he cries....super cute I know. And this hat was made by Amanda....a very special gift.  His outfit given by a couple of sweet young ladies who work in Jared's lab....love it!


On our way out of the hospital.....I was so ready to go home. We had wonderful care, but I missed my 4 little lovies so much while I was away. That's the hardest part for me.....missing the little ones who are at home. 


When we walk through the door from the hospital, we are flooded with 4 eager little lovies....bursting with excitement. Tears of joy run down my cheeks.....it is so good to be home. The next few days are filled with holding, kissing and loving baby Adam.  



It is unbelievably sweet to see Noah, Nate, Lauren and Luke gushing over their new baby brother. They seem to each always be waiting their turn to hold him. I have to smile as I have said recently that I am so thankful to be nursing so that I have a chance to hold him!

There will be no shortage of love for this little man I am quite sure of that. 










And lastly, photos of a sweet baby sleeping.  We are so happy to have baby Adam home with   us and look forward to the days ahead. God is so gracious and His blessings are abundant....our family praises His Name.  Thank you to all who have prayed for us through this pregnancy and through our labor and delivery. 

Our prayer is that God will give us wisdom and guidance in raising him in a loving Christian home and that God will work in his heart and life, so that one day Adam will accept Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.  We pray that our son will grow into a godly man who will honor and glorify God with his life. 

All of our children belong to God.....and we are humbled by the fact that he chose us to be parents to these amazing blessings. 




1 comment:

  1. Great write-up Lisa! Really appreciated that to have a small part in your celebration of this new little one in your lives. God bless you all. He is one of the more beautiful babies I have seen at this stage of newborn. Wow! Love you and miss you. I prayed for you today. God is good. Love, Terri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...