And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, August 15, 2011

Welcome to Indiana.....

Where do I begin? How about life has been a whirlwind....and we have a daughter with not one, but two broken legs! A complete freak accident that involved a shopping cart and the pavement in Lowe's parking lot....a trip our family will never forget.

I will clarify...because I am sure you are curious. We had just stopped at Lowe's to pick up a couple of things. Lauren was in the cart sitting safely in the part where she is supposed to. Upon entering the parking lot, Noah and Nate got on the cart as well, (picture them between Jared's arms facing Lauren as he pushed the cart.) I was pushing Luke in a cart behind them.

This is something we do every week, (we always shop together as a family)...however, normally we have a heavy cart full of groceries. This day the cart had very little weight in the front, so when the boys got on and Jared took a couple of steps, the cart basically popped a wheelie....everyone hit the pavement....and poor Lauren as well and she never fell out of the cart but landed on her legs which were pinned under the cart. (This is difficult for me to write...so I will stop there...I am sure you get the picture.)

We rushed her to the emergency room. (Both of her tibias were broken...the larger of the two bones below the knee.) Nothing can describe how awful we all felt for our Lauren. Seeing her in so much pain was gut wrenching, but our gracious God got her through the initial trauma, she was put in casts the next morning, and God is continuing  to give her strength to endure the next 4 to 6 weeks.

So now we have a little gal with bright pink casts on each leg. 







This happened last Wednesday and we are still getting used to this new way of life, (at least for the next month or so.)  Lauren really has been a trooper despite everything that this injury entails.  My Mom drove out here and will be staying with us this week....I love my Mom!

We are still unpacking of course. We absolutely love the house and neighborhood. And have been abundantly blessed with a wonderful church family who have already reached out to our family helping us through this difficult time...more about that later. All I will say is how blessed we are to be here.....despite the unfortunate circumstances our family is going through. 

Oh, and Jared started his new job today. I have so much in life to blog about, but I have to get this house in order. I will be sharing cute photos of my lovies in the near future....got to get back to blogging...it's good for my soul!

Please pray for my sweet girl and our family as we get settled. 
Peace and Blessings to you all.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry for poor Lauren (and poor Mom). I love the shot of the pink toenails, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa! I am so sorry for little Lauren. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. I am glad to hear you have many blessings in the midst of transition and hard times. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...