And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Beautiful.....


Oh to see those pretty little legs again.....so precious. Lauren has been moving her legs around quite well today, (her casts were removed around noon)....however, she has not had the nerve to stand on them yet. She doesn't seem to be in any unusual pain, and I'm sure her muscles feel tight for being in one position for 3 wks. 


She is really excited to have her legs back, but really scared to put any weight on them yet.  Patience has been on the forecast for our family for quite some time....God's grace pours down on us.


We took her swimming in our neighbor's pool this afternoon....she of course loved it. It was so wonderful to see her splashing around with a smile on her face. 


This experience has lead me to pray with Lauren much more often throughout our day than I normally would have. Whispering prayers in her ears as she sits on my lap....praying that God would heal her and help her feel better....praying that He would help her to be strong and not to be afraid. 

Sometimes praying is the only thing I know to do when she gives me an unsure or nervous smile, when she wants me to hold her and clings to me because she is scared. Prayer is special to her.....perhaps a little prayer warrior in the making.

Please pray that God will give Lauren the courage to stand on those beautiful little legs and take her first steps....and that those first steps will eventually lead into her running through our yard where I will hear her giggling with pure joy as her brothers chase her.

Peace and Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...