And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, February 19, 2011

A New Day......

I said goodbye to year 32.....and hello to year 33 a couple of days ago

My day was warmly celebrated with my lovies and my sweet husband....

Jared and my lovies took me out to dinner....which meant no cooking...which meant no dishes.....which made this mama a happy mama.
 
Nate waited all day to bake me a cake....then finally he and I whipped up a yummy yellow cake with chocolate icing....my favorite....Nate loves to bake...or he just loves to lick the spoon....maybe a little bit of both. {grin}
 
Noah got $23 out of his transformer wallet and insisted that I take it...a gift for me on my birthday. He was so sweet, and kept saying that I better not put it back in his wallet. 

Lauren repeated throughout the afternoon, "Happy Day Mama" Enough to melt this mama's heart.

Luke enjoyed licking the chocolate icing off of my fork...then I enjoyed licking the chocolate icing off of his face. 
 
In our family it is tradition that we sing Happy Birthday to the person who's birthday it is (obviously), but then we relight the candles and do it again 5 more times....singing and all. Everyone likes to have a turn blowing out the candles. Jared and I smile at each other the whole time....our kids always crack us up.
 
Since we will be moving to a completely new part of the country this summer....Jared got me the perfect gift....a Tom Tom. No more road adventures for me....let me just say that I am not known for a keen sense of direction.
 
I am very thankful for this past year. A lot of uncertainty surrounded us at times....but God completely provided abundantly for our family. Despite the moments of doubt and worry,  God's grace flowed over us and helped us to trust in Him. 

Life right now is slow paced....just the way I like it...and I am enjoying every precious moment. Being with my beautiful lovies and my sweet husband is such a gift....but a gift even  better than my family is the amazing gift God has given me in His Son. 




 
 




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...