And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Little Boy.....

 I have a little boy who is not a baby anymore.....even though I still call him my baby.


I am amazed at his imagination.....


I smile as I listen to his truck sound effects.....


His chubby little hands are a joy to watch as he maneuvers his machines.....


He is content and happy playing with his new toys.....



It's not often that I would describe a child as truly being content.....but in this moment Luke really was. It made me ask myself...am I content with all that God has blessed me with, or am I always wanting more?

My prayer is that God will work in me, and that I will be content in all things.....being thankful right where God has me. Whether that be at home on a good day with my lovies or up all night with a sick little one. Circumstances shouldn't rule my contentment....the Love of Christ in my heart should. 

It's amazing the thoughts that are provoked simply by watching an 18 month old little boy play with his toys. Yes....my lovies have a way of talking to my heart, even if they don't realize it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...