And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I have a little Nester.....




Look at that sweet face. This is one of Nate's favorite things to do....he likes to pile blankets up and burrow in them. Sometimes on the floor..sometimes on pieces of furniture. When he wants to do this he always asks if he can "play mess". After doing some reading on autism, I have learned that it is not uncommon for kids to want to have pressure applied to them for various reasons.....for Nate....this just makes him so happy. So if you would stop by my house it would not be uncommon to see every blanket in our house lying on our living room floor. It is actually super fun for all of the kids.....but especially for Nate. His little piles remind me of nests....that's why I call him my "little nester." These photos were taken at my Mom and Dad's on our last visit back to PA. I am thankful my Mom has embraced Nate's nests and enjoys watching him "play mess"......I love this kid!  I even caught my Dad laying in Nate's nest on the floor....it's a family thing {grin}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...