And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Brownies Anyone?

 

Ok....so hopefully you weren't too grossed out by this pic of my sweet little girl..{ahem}.. preoccupied with something.

Just a classic moment in the life I live. When you're a mom or just around kids often, you pretty much become desensitized to certain things {grin}

Having a sense of humor is essential when raising kids....well it is for me anyway. I love to be able to laugh with my kids and I may even be caught being silly....ok, yes I can definitely get caught up in being silly..... singing, dancing, giggling right along with them.

Some days I look around and see that my floors need swept, I am waaaaay behind on laundry, and dinner is less than gourmet. But on those days I know that I was where I was supposed to be.....being a real part of the lives of my lovies.

No, not everyday is giggles and gumdrops. To be honest, being a mother is extremely challenging....on so many different levels. But despite that, I feel overwhelmed with blessings daily....4 to be exact. God has taught me so very much on this beautiful journey of motherhood.

Along with the trials and challenges there lies a deep root of love....deep down to my core. I know this can only come from God. Any patience I practice, any compassion I show, any forgiveness I offer, all is rooted in Christ. I cling to God daily to help me be the mother that He wants me to be, and that I long to be.

Through my triumphs and failures as a mother I am ever grateful to this special calling. I have so much to learn, and by God's grace I will grow. I am amazed how children can reveal so much about a person. God uses my lovies to make me want to change to be someone I am supposed to be....to be more like Christ....and man am I a long way off.

 I will joyfully press on, collecting all of the kisses and snuggles I can get along the way.


2 comments:

  1. This was a perfect read for me right now! Thank you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome sister...I am so thankful to have another mama right along side of me on this journey.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...